You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ won't accept credit or debit card verification

I subscribed to Apple TV+ on my television. Had no trouble watching shows. Tried to watch on my macbook and it asked me to verify my card details. I had already entered a card, and so just confirmed the security code. It lagged out several times, until indicating that I could not use my debit card to verify (successfully used for many purchases and this current subscription). I tried entering a credit card and now it just lags and won't ever approve the credit card so I can watch a show. I've been trying to watch a show for an hour. I'm so sick of Apple making things billions of times harder than they need to be.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:45 AM

Join Apple TV+ - Apple Support

“When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you might be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web.”

Asking for the card details is used here as verification of the account holder; it is not about payments. It should approve the card details if it matches with the payment information for that Apple ID account in their administration.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

The system requirements regarding MacBook Air are the same for macOS Mojave 10.14 as for macOS Catalina 10.15, so if you want to, you can upgrade to Catalina and get the Apple TV app on your Mac and watch Apple TV+ in an app where you can sign in to, without the extra approval as mentioned above.

It is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, unless you have critical applications that do not work in Catalina.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2020 1:45 AM in response to mlenoelle

Join Apple TV+ - Apple Support

“When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you might be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web.”

Asking for the card details is used here as verification of the account holder; it is not about payments. It should approve the card details if it matches with the payment information for that Apple ID account in their administration.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

The system requirements regarding MacBook Air are the same for macOS Mojave 10.14 as for macOS Catalina 10.15, so if you want to, you can upgrade to Catalina and get the Apple TV app on your Mac and watch Apple TV+ in an app where you can sign in to, without the extra approval as mentioned above.

It is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, unless you have critical applications that do not work in Catalina.

Apple TV+ won't accept credit or debit card verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.