Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ payments: No options for those who want to stay secure

I've had my Apple account tied to my PayPal account for years. Now I'm trying out Apple TV+ and it works finer on my TV, but if I want to watch when not at home, for example on my laptop, it's asking me to verify my credit card info. Clearly not an option as I have no CC tied to the account.

I wondered if I could just enter my debit card info if all it wanted was confirmation...but no, debit cards are not accepted as proof of who you are...even though I've already confirmed it's me from the phone authentication.

So out of curiosity I logged into my Apple account and looked at the payment methods, and as I suspected debit cards are allowed to be used as a payment method.

So this makes me wonder WTF is Apple doing about the myriad of people who want to watch Apple TV+ on their laptop, who do not have a credit card?

I've read a ton of posts on this issue and similar ones and none of them get answered other than by someone saying "well add a credit card". I have my PayPal tied to my account for a reason, that being that it is a far more secure method because it cannot be abused.

I won't be adding it to my streaming channels after the trial, because this is just ridiculous.

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:18 PM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback          

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 7:18 PM in response to digital_pig

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback          

Apple TV+ payments: No options for those who want to stay secure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.