Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I search the areas I've highlighted in a very long Pages document?

Hi,

I’ve got a 300 page-long document where I’ve used highlights. I’d like to be able to search the document by highlights as these are areas which I need to review, but I can only seem to search by word right now.

Any ideas? I’m highlighting the new additions to my document. Maybe there’s a better way to do this.

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 5:02 AM

Pages has no find/search facility for Highlight/Comments applied to the document from the Insert menu, nor does it have a find facility for color as in a true highlight color placed behind text.

When you export the Pages document to Word DOCX, and open that document in the free LibreOffice, the capability exists to search for Comments/Highlights by category and specific text, or just the proper use of the term highlight as a specific color behind text.

Here is the interface in LibreOffice for searching Comments/Highlights:

To find a true highlighted text, you would set the Comment selection back to Page, and then click the magnifying glass/pencil icon to bring up the following ordered panels:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Sherlock75

Pages has no find/search facility for Highlight/Comments applied to the document from the Insert menu, nor does it have a find facility for color as in a true highlight color placed behind text.

When you export the Pages document to Word DOCX, and open that document in the free LibreOffice, the capability exists to search for Comments/Highlights by category and specific text, or just the proper use of the term highlight as a specific color behind text.

Here is the interface in LibreOffice for searching Comments/Highlights:

To find a true highlighted text, you would set the Comment selection back to Page, and then click the magnifying glass/pencil icon to bring up the following ordered panels:

How can I search the areas I've highlighted in a very long Pages document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.