Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update my iPhone 5s issues

Hello, I can't update my iPhone 5s to ios 12.4.1

There is an error:"the "ios 12.4.1" update failed validation because the device is no longer connected to the Internet.", but I have the internet connected and it works.

Help me please.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:46 AM

As iOS 12.4.1 is no longer current, you will need to get rid of that update file. Go to Settings - General - iPhone Storage - check here for an iOS update file, then swipe left to delete it. After deleting, restart the iPhone and check again. When attempting an update, be certain it is charged, connected to the charge circuit, and also connected to WiFi.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 1:46 AM in response to rafat224

As iOS 12.4.1 is no longer current, you will need to get rid of that update file. Go to Settings - General - iPhone Storage - check here for an iOS update file, then swipe left to delete it. After deleting, restart the iPhone and check again. When attempting an update, be certain it is charged, connected to the charge circuit, and also connected to WiFi.

update my iPhone 5s issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.