Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.4.8 crashes when uploading to Vimeo

I've only been using FCP X (10.4.8) with my new MacBook Pro 16" for the past month. I'm new to the program, so I've been fumbling along until I can get to some tutoring videos. I have been using "Duplicate Project" to create new marketing videos – 10 in all. All I have to do is switch out customer slides. But a few days ago, two weird things started happening: 1) Every time I share to Vimeo, FCP crashes. 2) The video is created in Vimeo (evidently before the crash), but it uploads with the original customer slide, not the new duplicate video with the new slide. I've gone through a number of the steps online – restarting computer, disconnecting peripherals, resetting preferences (which lost a bunch of video clips and photos in the library), etc. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 9:20 AM

Resetting preferences opens a default "Untitled" library.

You just have to reopen the library you were working before.

Nothing should have been lost.

Whenever there is a crash the first thing to do is to reset the preferences, since they tend to be corrupted and cause further crashes down the line.

If for some reason exporting to vimeo does not work, there are two things to try:

1) export a master file as h264, then upload using the vimeo site

2) delete the vimeo destination (in Preferences->Destinations) and create a new one

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 9:20 AM in response to VanderVen

Resetting preferences opens a default "Untitled" library.

You just have to reopen the library you were working before.

Nothing should have been lost.

Whenever there is a crash the first thing to do is to reset the preferences, since they tend to be corrupted and cause further crashes down the line.

If for some reason exporting to vimeo does not work, there are two things to try:

1) export a master file as h264, then upload using the vimeo site

2) delete the vimeo destination (in Preferences->Destinations) and create a new one

FCP X 10.4.8 crashes when uploading to Vimeo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.