Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

#images not working

When I try to send an gif in an iMessage sometimes it stops working. I can send a couple in the same thread and all of a sudden it stops working. The. Later it starts working again. Sometimes it takes days. I have removed the icon and added it back, no change. One time I had to re-set my settings when I spoke with customer service and I’m still recovering from that move. Will not do that again have the latest update. What now?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 8:41 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2020 12:02 PM in response to Charley69

You won’t find any help in my response, but this very same thing happened to me earlier this week. I tried the same things that you mentioned, I turned WiFi off, deleted the app, force restarted my device, turned WiFi on again, added the app back in and I couldn’t get it to work.

Several hours later, out of nowhere, it started working again. I assumed that my iPad wasn’t able to reach the server to load the images but why it decided to start working again, is beyond me. I know that this is easy for me to say, but short of restoring - and I’m not sure that would work anyway - you might just have to wait it out.

#images not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.