Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding HbA1c results to Health app

I’m trying to add my HbA1c results from home testing but the Health App does not seem to allow the user to add that data. I have it from LabCorp tests from a year ago in my health records part but I can’t seem to add new data.

The result I’m trying to add is from an approved self testing device and it’s not calculated guess from glucose monitoring.

I understand that LabCorp data is part of my official Health record. But just like my blood glucose readings the health app allows the user to add their own data. Is this a missing item or am I just not finding the right place to enter it?

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 7:19 AM

Yes I use a similar app that can also generate an estimated HbA1c but it is not the tested result using a meter for HbA1c. I could not find any app that writes to the health app, my app can read the A1c score only.

in exploring this a little further, including trying out some other apps like your I’ve come to the conclusion the problem is with Apple treating HbA1c scores as only a part of your read only clinical record and not something you can add to. This is an unfortunate oversight or shortcoming of Apple’s health app. Just like it you can’t track ketone levels. Guess it’s now a feature request.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 7:19 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes I use a similar app that can also generate an estimated HbA1c but it is not the tested result using a meter for HbA1c. I could not find any app that writes to the health app, my app can read the A1c score only.

in exploring this a little further, including trying out some other apps like your I’ve come to the conclusion the problem is with Apple treating HbA1c scores as only a part of your read only clinical record and not something you can add to. This is an unfortunate oversight or shortcoming of Apple’s health app. Just like it you can’t track ketone levels. Guess it’s now a feature request.

Adding HbA1c results to Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.