Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no connected camera?

for all applications on my macbook that requires the us of the in-built camera such as photo booth, facetime, skype, zoom and so on, all these such apps show the same message that there is “no connected camera” and i can’t seem to fix it using terminal and the code because it ends ip telling me that “there were no matching processes found”. PLEASEEE helppp i need to use the camera as i have to use the video conferencing for this period of Covid-19 and the full home base learning. :(

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:32 PM

go To system preferences>security and privacy> privacy and make sure you allowed access to the webcam. Click the little plus symbol and add apps that need webcam.

if there are any webcam blockers also disable them.

i also noticed you installed CleanMyMac X, which could block webcam. Follow the instructions in their website on how to reenable the webcam.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 7:32 PM in response to naowg

go To system preferences>security and privacy> privacy and make sure you allowed access to the webcam. Click the little plus symbol and add apps that need webcam.

if there are any webcam blockers also disable them.

i also noticed you installed CleanMyMac X, which could block webcam. Follow the instructions in their website on how to reenable the webcam.

Apr 9, 2020 7:53 PM in response to orangegrouptech

I’d remove CleanMyMac, and any other add-in anti-malware, add-on anti-virus, add-on cleaners, add-on VPN clients, or related, whenever something goes weird. These sorts of apps have caused various problems over the years, as well as corruptions, crashes, hangs, the wholesale collection of and sale of of all of the user’s browsing activities and all web purchase activities, and other such.

Apr 21, 2020 7:08 AM in response to naowg

Agreed, remove the Malware. Also note, if you have more than one camera App open, the two might cancel each other out. Make sure only one is open at a time.

That includes Adobe Flash on a web browser. So if you have a web browser open and the Skype application, they could cancel each other out if you are on certain websites.

no connected camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.