Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working

I'm unable to use the camera on my Macbook. I've had this Macbook around 1 year and haven't been able to get the camera working since I bought it, but I've never really needed it before. Now I need to be able to use it daily for work.

When trying to use FaceTime of Photo Booth I see a message telling me that there is no camera connected. When trying to use it with Safari, Chrome, or any other app I'm told that a camera cannot be found. In About This Mac > System Report > Camera, I see "No video capture devices were found."

I'm not asked to give permission for any apps to use the camera. When going into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera, there is no + button to add apps to the list.

So far I've tried these methods I've found on numerous websites:

-Updating to the most recent version of macOS

-Turning off Screen Time

-Resetting SMC

-Going into Terminal and using sudo killall VDCAssistant and sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant

-Resetting the camera permissions using tccutil reset Camera in Terminal

-Force quitting VDCAssistant in Activity Monitor

None of these methods have any effect on the issue.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 1:42 PM

Sorry to report but if the Camera is not showing up the System Information residing in Other folder of Launchpad - time for a visit to an Apple Authorized Service Centre for evaluations.

By the bye, have seen a few other uses with similar issue. All had to go the above route for possible solution.

Similar questions

2 replies

Camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.