Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health "Significantly Degraded" After 13.4.1

• I have a 16-month-old iPhone X and I updated my iOS to 13.4.1 the other day.
  • Not long after the successful OTA update, I experienced an unexpected shutdown once.
  • Just this morning, I checked my Battery Health and it indicated that it was "significantly degraded."
  • Before the update, my Battery Health was at 93%.
  • After the update and unexpected shutdown, it's at 91%.
  • I contacted Apple Chat Support (website) and they, too, believed that this is strange considering 91% is still considered normal but it indicated "significantly degraded."
  • I don't use my iPhone for heavy gaming or any high-activity/fast-draining activity.

Has anyone here encountered this after the 13.4.1 update?

What can you suggest aside from having it diagnosed by a tech? Thanks a lot.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 10:59 PM

I have experienced something similar however not with this version of iOS 13.4.1 but it was during one of the early versions of iOS 13. The iPhone in this case is an iPhone 7. Maximum capacity on battery went from 98% to 91% and got the same Peak Performance warning as yours. I don't remember the iPhone just shutting down randomly at all however it may have and then rebooted while not on my person. I have used that iPhone 7 normally with the same statistics displayed in Battery Health with no notable issues thus far. At some point, I plan to get the battery replaced however not until it really begins to display consistent failures.

Axel F.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 10:59 PM in response to Gian Kim

I have experienced something similar however not with this version of iOS 13.4.1 but it was during one of the early versions of iOS 13. The iPhone in this case is an iPhone 7. Maximum capacity on battery went from 98% to 91% and got the same Peak Performance warning as yours. I don't remember the iPhone just shutting down randomly at all however it may have and then rebooted while not on my person. I have used that iPhone 7 normally with the same statistics displayed in Battery Health with no notable issues thus far. At some point, I plan to get the battery replaced however not until it really begins to display consistent failures.

Axel F.

Apr 21, 2020 3:59 AM in response to BurpBelcher

Same thoughts, really weird that Battery Health is behaving this way. I published this post with 91% Battery Health (and significantly degraded), as of writing time, it plummeted to 85% with weird behavior on charging. Just continue properly charging your phone and I think it should be fine. I don’t know much about bug fixes but I hope there’s a fix for this.

Battery Health "Significantly Degraded" After 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.