Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health is going down like crazy

I bought iphone 13 this February 26th! I am not a heavy user at all and I am still using my android for games and other usage and only using iphone for communication and payment which is less than 2-3 hours per day on average. But my battery health is already 98%!!!!!

Even with heavy usage this is not expected as my friends are using 12 and 13 pro for last four-five months and their battery health is still at 100%!

Can you help me with this? I don’t expect this much drop with my usage from a 5999 rmb device!!

also, i want to change/fix the device if possible as I am not feeling good suspecting my device is a faulty one

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:05 AM

abirHrmr ~ That's not "crazy", that's normal. The maximum capacity % is only an algorithmic estimate of a dynamic chemical process and you can expect it to continue to decline by 1-2%/month.

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

õ¿õ¬

3 replies

Apr 14, 2022 9:11 AM in response to abirHrmr

Well - I wouldn't say it's necessarily going down like crazy. There is an acceptable range for battery capacity when new, and sometimes one with less than 100% battery rated capacity when new will quickly drop. Also, there's no accounting for when the battery health reading updates. I've seen it remain stuck on the same value for nearly a year with extensive use on battery power, and then it dropped 3% or 5% when it updated. I wouldn't rely on anyone else's experiences as a benchmark.

Battery health is going down like crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.