Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would cause issues... I can only open my laptop through the Command+R thing with macOS Installer.

I was just trying to delete everything and start my Macbook fresh. I tried to re-install OS X Sierra, and it keeps failing. When I go to disk utility under internal, there's no Macintosh HD there's only OS X Base System.

Tried to ask Apple Support for help and they first told me to try first aid and that failed.

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 4:05 PM

I tried to install OS X but now I keep getting the ? Mark flashing symbol .

I tried to and when got to the system recovery spinning globe, after asking for my WiFi password to be typed, ! I attempted to type the password, ! Keys are not typing correct letters now ,

4 replies

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.