Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud files on small drive

Just posted recently but can't seem to find it! I was trying to adjust iCloud settings and 100GB plus of files started to download to my 128GB SSD. Before I could stop it there were 30GB plus files that made it to the drive leaving little free space. I've been going through right-clicking on "Remove download" but the space does not get freed up. What's a solution to clear out those iCloud files (from another Mac) that are on my new MacMini, and leave them on the iCloud?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 11:38 PM in response to drmcvinney

clear out those iCloud files (from another Mac) that are on my new MacMini, and leave them on the iCloud?

This is how iCloud Drive works.

Each device using using the same Apple ID for iCloud will have it's iCloud Drive content synced.

There really is no "store on iCloud only" setting. If you select optimize, "some" files will be moved tp iCloud, but this is not controllable by you.

iCloud files on small drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.