Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone for macbook pro with Thunderbolt 3 port

I want to use a microphone on my MacBook Pro which as two Thunderbolt 3 ports. all the Mic's I see on line use USB. I was told using a USB converter diminishes the quality of the sound. I'm not a professional musician so it this causes minor distortion I could live with it. But if there is a micro with a thunderbolt connector then I would prefer that.

Any suggestions

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 9:09 AM

2915_107 wrote:

I want to use a microphone on my MacBook Pro which as two Thunderbolt 3 ports. all the Mic's I see on line use USB. I was told using a USB converter diminishes the quality of the sound. I'm not a professional musician so it this causes minor distortion I could live with it. But if there is a micro with a thunderbolt connector then I would prefer that.

Any suggestions

That would be dictated by a third party microphone if it shipped with your connector you are hoping for.

Other wise try Apple branded converter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

All you can do is try it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 9:09 AM in response to 2915_107

2915_107 wrote:

Any suggestions

That would be dictated by a third party microphone if it shipped with your connector you are hoping for.

Other wise try Apple branded converter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

All you can do is try it.

microphone for macbook pro with Thunderbolt 3 port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.