Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network shares can't connect, can't disconnect after laptop goes to sleep and wakes up

I see posts saying EXACTLY the same thing going back to 2009. OSX 10.6

Is this really true that it hasn't been addressed in over 10 years?

I'm on OSX 10.15 and the ONLY way I can ever fix it when this happens is to hard reboot.

Hold the power button down until the Mac dies and reboot it.

Imagine how thrilled I am to have to do that every single day.

Someone please tell me there is a fix. Or at least a workaround that doesn't involve buying a PC.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 12:15 AM

little watchman Said:

"network shares can't connect, can't disconnect after laptop goes to sleep and wakes up: I see posts saying EXACTLY the same thing going back to 2009. OSX 10.6 Is this really true that it hasn't been addressed in over 10 years?"

-------

Create a New Administrator User"

If creating a new Administrator works, then then transfer everything over to it from this current user. Then trash this current user. You should be fine from there.

Make Apple Aware of this:

As for preventing it from occurring in future updates, provide apple feedback of this error.

1. Go Here: Feedback - MacOS - Apple Support
  2. Select: Performance” for the “Feedback Type
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the “Feedback Area

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 12:15 AM in response to little watchman

little watchman Said:

"network shares can't connect, can't disconnect after laptop goes to sleep and wakes up: I see posts saying EXACTLY the same thing going back to 2009. OSX 10.6 Is this really true that it hasn't been addressed in over 10 years?"

-------

Create a New Administrator User"

If creating a new Administrator works, then then transfer everything over to it from this current user. Then trash this current user. You should be fine from there.

Make Apple Aware of this:

As for preventing it from occurring in future updates, provide apple feedback of this error.

1. Go Here: Feedback - MacOS - Apple Support
  2. Select: Performance” for the “Feedback Type
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the “Feedback Area

network shares can't connect, can't disconnect after laptop goes to sleep and wakes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.