Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earpiece speaker sounds muffled & distorted while listening to music on my iPhone 11

I had bought an iPhone 11 last December it was working fine till now.Recently I have updated the software to iOS 13.4.1.Now I am noticing that whenever I am listening to music or watching videos on YouTube without earphones the earpiece speaker sounds muffled and distorted.I had a similar problem with my iPhone 7 which I had purchased in April 2017 wherein after 4 months of use the earpiece speaker started to sound muffled then the call volume through the earpiece speaker slowly started decreasing to a point when the person on the other side of the call became nearly in audible and I had to use earphones to make calls.I have sold off my iPhone 7 and I hope the same thing does not happen with my IPhone 11.

Is this a software or a hardware problem will future software updates fix this issue or is there any other way to fix it.Please help.

Regards,

Rajib Banerji

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 12:58 AM

rajib18 Said:

"Earpiece speaker sounds muffled & distorted while listening to music on my iPhone 11"

-------

Go Here:

Contact Apple, for More Support.

If this is a worldwide issue, they'll know of this, know what particularly is going on and why, and will run you through the fix.

Info on Contacting Apple:

Report this to Apple

You can do your part in reporting this to Apple. Apple will not get back to you directly, but the mare they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 12:58 AM in response to rajib18

rajib18 Said:

"Earpiece speaker sounds muffled & distorted while listening to music on my iPhone 11"

-------

Go Here:

Contact Apple, for More Support.

If this is a worldwide issue, they'll know of this, know what particularly is going on and why, and will run you through the fix.

Info on Contacting Apple:

Report this to Apple

You can do your part in reporting this to Apple. Apple will not get back to you directly, but the mare they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

Earpiece speaker sounds muffled & distorted while listening to music on my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.