Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos: Photos with exclamation point

Hello,

Random photos in my iCloud library are showing up in the web interface as missing with an exclamation point icon on them. These same photos are in my mac's photo library and display fine. Here are the steps I've taken to try and fix:

1. I've repaired (Cmd-Option Open) my Photos library on my mac.
  2. I've tried turning on/off iCloud on Photos on my mac.

Any other ideas I could try in order to get these photos into iCloud correctly? I'd really like to avoid having to manually go thru my entire library ensuring each picture is in the cloud, but at this point I have no confidence my library is correct.

Thanks,

Damon

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 12, 2020 1:02 PM in response to tygb

@tygb -

Appreciate the links. All my devices are current w/ latest OS releases. I tried rebuilding my library w/ no luck. I removed and readied my library as the "System Photo Library" and iCloud has been re-syncing my photo library for the past day.

I'll post again here when the update is complete. Perhaps another sync cycle will correct the issues. I would expect that videos which play fine on the Mac would also play fine via iCloud.com / other devices.

Thanks for your help.

Damon

iCloud Photos: Photos with exclamation point

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.