Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Safari as default browser when clicking on a link in an email

Right now when I click on a link in an email my MacBook Pro opens the window using Chrome instead of Safari. How do I set Safari as the default web browser for links in emails? When I go to the Apple icon then to General and try to select a default web browser from the drop down menu I just get a check mark with no browser options listed.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 9:46 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 12, 2020 5:45 PM in response to 123Luckie

123Luckie Said:

Set Safari as default browser when clicking on a link in an email: [...]When I go to the Apple icon then to General and try to select a default web browser from the drop down menu I just get a check mark with no browser options listed.

———-

Install Chrome Anew and then Reconfigure:

1. Uninstall: Chrome
  2. Restart: the Mac
  3. Install: Chrome.
  4. Restart: the Mac
  5. Open: Chrome
  6. Configuration: When prompted with (paraphrasing): “Do you want to make Chrome your Default Browser?”, checkoff “Don’t ask me this again.” and then select “No.
  7. Now Try This Link: Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

Set Safari as default browser when clicking on a link in an email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.