Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open links after Mac OS 12.4 update

I've just now updated my Macbook Pro to Mac OS 12.4. I've immediately noticed that I can't open links in emails. searching in Google I've come across a "solution" that requires to make Safari my default browser. Why is it required to change default browser to Safari after updating to Mac OS 12.4, in order to access links in emails? When I change my default browser to Safari, I can access links in emails, but when I change my default browser back to Chrome, I keep getting an error message: "The application can't be opened. -10673.

Is there a workaround that DOES NOT require to keep Safari as my default browser?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 27, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 8:59 PM

arawak-07 wrote:

When I right-click, I get the option to choose Chrome, but it just gives me the same error message when I do.

From >System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access

add your browser here and test.

Report back your success or failure.

Reboot if necessary...

You can reduces some accesss after it is in Full Disk Access see>Files and Folders

I have no specifics here.

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 8:59 PM in response to arawak-07

arawak-07 wrote:

When I right-click, I get the option to choose Chrome, but it just gives me the same error message when I do.

From >System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access

add your browser here and test.

Report back your success or failure.

Reboot if necessary...

You can reduces some accesss after it is in Full Disk Access see>Files and Folders

I have no specifics here.

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Cannot open links after Mac OS 12.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.