Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iPhone XR, but people say that I sound muffled

OMG I got a new iPhone XR two weeks ago and all my voice apps are working perfect and I can hear everyone perfect but people say that I sound muffled, I tried everything and still nothing would fix this so I sent the phone back and they sent me out a brand new phone and I’m still having this issue, once again I have done everything including putting my sim into my old phone(people can hear me perfectly)there is no way that both brand new iPhones can be faulty can they??? Please someone help, much love Scotty

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 10:26 AM

Do you have a case on the phone? Have you tried using your EarPods to test how well people can hear you? The iPhone has two microphones, one at the bottom of the phone area, on the left side as you hold it, the other in the back by the camera area. If you have something covering the bottom area of the phone, it can distort sounds. If you have a case on the iPhone, try taking it off and testing a call as well. It would be very unusual for two phones to be faulty.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 10:26 AM in response to ScottyJC20

Do you have a case on the phone? Have you tried using your EarPods to test how well people can hear you? The iPhone has two microphones, one at the bottom of the phone area, on the left side as you hold it, the other in the back by the camera area. If you have something covering the bottom area of the phone, it can distort sounds. If you have a case on the iPhone, try taking it off and testing a call as well. It would be very unusual for two phones to be faulty.

I got a new iPhone XR, but people say that I sound muffled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.