Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems when Reinstalling Lion

I want to take my daughters old MacBook Air back to factory settings.

I removed the OS without backing it up (we don’t mind to lose the content).

Im trying to reinstall the Lion OS but I’m getting some issues. When I reach the OS X utility during boot up I click Reinstall MAC OS but get the dreaded message saying this product not available. The MacBook is really old and we don’t remember the original apple account so I tried to use my current one without success. I even bought Lion again via another Mac but the install won’t work :(

any ideas...?

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 5:25 PM

Try entering internet recovery:

on boot press and hold command+option+r till you see the spinning globe. After that connect to the internet and then wait for macOS to download. After that try reinstalling again.

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 20, 2020 5:12 PM in response to orangegrouptech

I am having the a similar issue. I called apple tech support, internet recovery phase was taking too long- so my tech support said he euros call me back in 10 mins. That was hours ago. Now trying to install Mac OS X Lion and I get a window pop up that states “Can’t download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X Lion.” Can someone help me? Thanks.

Problems when Reinstalling Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.