Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck Reinstalling OS Lion current Apple ID not recognized

I am trying to reinstall OS X Lion on my old MacBook 2010 and is asking me for the Apple ID and Password but it will not accept my current Apple ID credentials

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:31 PM

Try booting using Command + Option + R instead. I read years ago this is supposed to allow you to reinstall older versions of macOS without attaching it to your AppleID. If you ever had macOS 10.12.6+ installed, then it should in theory boot into the online macOS 10.13 installer instead, but some times no matter the keys used it may only boot into the oldest online macOS installer such as Lion.

If you have access to another Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you have access to a 2007 to 2009 Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS 10.11 USB installer. Or a 2010 to 2017 Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 4:31 PM in response to naniacalifornian

Try booting using Command + Option + R instead. I read years ago this is supposed to allow you to reinstall older versions of macOS without attaching it to your AppleID. If you ever had macOS 10.12.6+ installed, then it should in theory boot into the online macOS 10.13 installer instead, but some times no matter the keys used it may only boot into the oldest online macOS installer such as Lion.

If you have access to another Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you have access to a 2007 to 2009 Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS 10.11 USB installer. Or a 2010 to 2017 Mac, then you can create a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer.

Stuck Reinstalling OS Lion current Apple ID not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.