Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Lion X and the apple id you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect

Hello!

A friend gave me his old Imac mid 2011.

I formatted the hard drive.

When I'm trying to install the Lion X system it asks me for my Apple ID, since I'm new to Mac I had to create one from another PC, but for some reason it tells me "the apple id you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect " and I'm sure I'm entering the data correctly.

Every time I try to log in I get an SMS with a code but I have nowhere to enter it. I tried to enter the code as password but it doesn't work.

What I can do?

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 10:25 AM

7 replies

Oct 20, 2022 11:43 AM in response to Eric Root

thanks again. I had to install iTunes on my PC and update my Apple ID information, that fixed it.

But when I continue with the installation of the operating system I get a new banner that says "this article is temporarily unavailable". What I do?

Can I download an S.O to a pendrive and boot from there? what version and from where? It's free?

I always used windows, never mac so this is all new to me.

Oct 24, 2022 11:08 AM in response to Eric Root

I was finally able to install the High Sierra system on the Imac. I'm glad I didn't have to change the hardware. It was just installing the operating system.

Also, I was seeing that this Imac mid 2011 of 27' came better prepared than the conventional ones, modified since its purchase in the apple store. Instead of i5 it has an i7 3.4ghz, and instead of 512mb GPU it has 2gb.

Thanks everyone for your help

Install Lion X and the apple id you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.