Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote quit unexpectedly and cannot open or create new document

Hi, I having problem to open new document for Keynote and Pages. When I want to create new document/choose template Pages & Keynote quit unexpectedly.

This message pop up

Keynote quit unexpectedly.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send

macOS V.10.15.4, Keynote & Pages V.10

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 9:13 AM

Hello richierio1985,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It is my understanding from your post that when you open a new document for Keynote and Pages that the apps quit unexpectedly. I recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode and/or in a new user account. The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in both safe mode and in a new user account: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed."

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

"If an issue stops happening when you log out of your macOS user account and log in with another, the issue could be related to the files or settings in your user account."

Best Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 9:13 AM in response to richierio1985

Hello richierio1985,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It is my understanding from your post that when you open a new document for Keynote and Pages that the apps quit unexpectedly. I recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode and/or in a new user account. The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in both safe mode and in a new user account: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed."

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

"If an issue stops happening when you log out of your macOS user account and log in with another, the issue could be related to the files or settings in your user account."

Best Regards.

Keynote quit unexpectedly and cannot open or create new document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.