Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted my email account on iMac, need a new one

I deleted my email account on my iMac as instructed by my service provider to fix an email issue, but now I'm unable to create a new one on the mac. I was able to fix my iPhone 7 and macbook pro by doing the same thing, but the iMac keeps saying my user name and password are incorrect...Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 7:08 AM

At the very least we need to know the version of Mac OS installed on the computer and exactly what errors you are getting. Have you studied Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support ?

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 12, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Bighairbarbie

Sure ~ Bighairbarbie... you did the correct thing, as instructed by your service provider..... but now it's time to make a new one, which isn't that hard. Go to the Mail app, then go to Accounts, and click on the Plus sign at the bottom, or on Add Another Account. You'll need your email name (login) and password. Then go to Preferences, then Server settings and here is where you will enter your information for that. Please note that the Default for Mail is IMAP and not POP3. If you're unsure about how to set up an IMAP account, check on your ISP (Internet Service Provider)'s web page, where, if they are decent (and most are), they will have email IMAP settings, and how to set up an IMAP account on Mac mail

hope this helps you

John B

Deleted my email account on iMac, need a new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.