Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice control in IOS 12

In IOS 12, is Voice Control different than Siri?

In settings, I seem to have the option of click/hold Home to be either Siri OR Voice Control (or Nothing) but when I set it to Voice Control and click/hold Home I get no action, no result.

I don't know what Voice Control does but I'd like to experiment with it to see if it might help my 92 year old blind mother.

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 8:21 AM

Voice Control isn't available in all countries or regions. Voice Control uses the Siri speech recognition engine for U.S. English only.

With iOS it is not available.

You need iOS 13 or later, or iPadOS to use Voice Control. Before you can use Voice Control, a file download is required. Once the download is complete, you don't need a Wi-Fi connection to use Voice Control. It's recommended that you connect to Wi-Fi before you turn on Voice Control for the first time.

Voice Control isn't available in all countries or regions. Voice Control uses the Siri speech recognition engine for U.S. English

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 8:21 AM in response to lugwork

Voice Control isn't available in all countries or regions. Voice Control uses the Siri speech recognition engine for U.S. English only.

With iOS it is not available.

You need iOS 13 or later, or iPadOS to use Voice Control. Before you can use Voice Control, a file download is required. Once the download is complete, you don't need a Wi-Fi connection to use Voice Control. It's recommended that you connect to Wi-Fi before you turn on Voice Control for the first time.

Voice Control isn't available in all countries or regions. Voice Control uses the Siri speech recognition engine for U.S. English

Voice control in IOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.