Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Shortcuts (Siri)

Since the IOS 16.4 update I can’t use the Siri voices in my shortcuts anymore, this is really frustrating and putting me off using the shortcuts app. Is this going to be fixed soon? Or is this an isolated issue to me, I don’t think it is the case because I visited the Apple Store and only the 14 pro max phone seemed to have access and none of the staff were aware of the issue.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 3:31 AM

Chris ~ Assuming you're referring to the Speak action, I've had no problems with it on my 14 Pro Max. Are you on the latest iOS 16.4.1?

As users like yourself, we don't know when bugs will be fixed. But let Apple know:

iPhone Feedback

And Apple's iPhone User Guide says: "If your iPhone isn’t working as expected, you can try restarting it by turning it off, then turning it back on. If turning it off and on doesn’t fix the issue, try forcing it to restart.":

Turn iPhone on or off - Apple Support

Shortcuts User Guide - Apple Support

õ¿õ¬

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 3:31 AM in response to Chris_2480

Chris ~ Assuming you're referring to the Speak action, I've had no problems with it on my 14 Pro Max. Are you on the latest iOS 16.4.1?

As users like yourself, we don't know when bugs will be fixed. But let Apple know:

iPhone Feedback

And Apple's iPhone User Guide says: "If your iPhone isn’t working as expected, you can try restarting it by turning it off, then turning it back on. If turning it off and on doesn’t fix the issue, try forcing it to restart.":

Turn iPhone on or off - Apple Support

Shortcuts User Guide - Apple Support

õ¿õ¬

Apr 16, 2023 3:50 AM in response to Chris_2480

81% is not healthy. (80% is Apple's recommended level for replacing the battery.) The weak battery may or may not be the cause of the Siri problem, but do have the battery replaced promptly. The risk in not doing so is that the weak battery can suddenly fail completely and 'brick' the iPhone – especially during the long process of an iOS update.

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Shortcuts (Siri)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.