Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Siri and dictation not working after 17.0.03

Hi folks, I have a XS max which has been working fine up until the most recent software update. Now I can’t get Siri to work and also the dictation feature no longer works either. I’ve tried everything numerous times including resetting my phone and nothing seems to work

Hey buddy else, had this problem following the software update?

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 1:55 PM

iOS 17.1 was released today. If it’s not showing for you yet wait a little bit and check again. It may address the issue (I never used Siri for dictation during iOS 17 so I cant confirm it addressed it but checking just now I didn’t have the issue (just don’t know if it was an issue before today)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 1:55 PM in response to Leebristol33

iOS 17.1 was released today. If it’s not showing for you yet wait a little bit and check again. It may address the issue (I never used Siri for dictation during iOS 17 so I cant confirm it addressed it but checking just now I didn’t have the issue (just don’t know if it was an issue before today)

Nov 14, 2023 5:10 PM in response to Leebristol33

After I updated my iPhone 13 Max to 17.0 and recently to 17.1.1 the siri dictation does not work with my hearing aids. I ask siri to read text messages and nothing comes out of the hearing aids. When asking siri to call a friend she used to repeat to me the name being called, now nothing comes out of my hearing aids. Hearing aids sometimes connect while using the phone but sometimes not.

Any help would be appreciated

Siri and dictation not working after 17.0.03

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.