Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase music not showing on apple tv

Just connected 4K Apple TV and all my iTunes purchased music is not showing.

I remember having this issue on my phone years ago and there was aome

kind of hidden option.

how can I have all my Purchased iTunes music show on the Apple TV?

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 7:30 AM

The Music app on Apple TV (4th generation or later) is for access to Apple Music subscription content, and/or iTunes Match subscription content, as well as iTunes Store purchases, all for the currently active Apple ID account.

For music files from other sources (e.g. converted audio CDs), one should probably use Home Sharing (that would be the Computers app on Apple TV).

Where did the ‘missing’ music that is on your phone come from? If it were not iTunes Store purchases, then they probably would be synced through a computer, right?

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 7:30 AM in response to Michael Paine

The Music app on Apple TV (4th generation or later) is for access to Apple Music subscription content, and/or iTunes Match subscription content, as well as iTunes Store purchases, all for the currently active Apple ID account.

For music files from other sources (e.g. converted audio CDs), one should probably use Home Sharing (that would be the Computers app on Apple TV).

Where did the ‘missing’ music that is on your phone come from? If it were not iTunes Store purchases, then they probably would be synced through a computer, right?

Apr 12, 2020 2:11 PM in response to QuickPost

I just purchased and connected a new 4K Apple TV. I went to the iTunes icon on the Apple TV and clicked on songs. Not all of my purchased songs are accessible on the Apple TV. I have the songs on my phone but some are not reflecting on my Apple TV.

I already signed out of iTunes on the Apple TV and restarted the Apple TV and some songs are still not there.

please advise

Apr 12, 2020 2:38 PM in response to VITOATECOOKIE

If you have purchased songs over many years it is possible that some are not associated with your current AppleID. I have had to use xx@mac, xx@me and now xx@icloud as Apple has changed its services and this has sometimes caused problems with legacy purchases. Having said that, it is strange that you can access those songs on your iPhone and not ATV.

Apr 25, 2020 5:30 PM in response to VITOATECOOKIE

Assuming you have access to iTunes on a Mac...

To check my speculation about mixed purchase names locate the working and non-working songs in iTunes, right-click and select Song Info. Is the "purchased by" field exactly the same?

I think that iOS devices, Macs and ATV work slightly differently with purchased music and "alias" (legacy) Apple IDs.

Purchase music not showing on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.