Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac keeps crashing-submit panic report

my mac keeps crashing any suggestions?

os ex ek capitan

ver 10.11.6

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 3:42 PM

I think your Mac needs to be repaired.

I do not know much about the error you reported, except what Google tells me, and it appears to be a sensor failure.

You appear to have an iMac from 2011.

Maybe you have accumulated excessive dust inside the case, and it is impacting things. That would be the least costly repair. If it requires a motherboard repair/exchange, then you might just consider replacing the iMac.

If there is an Apple Store that has re-opened near you, maybe make a Genius Bar appointment and have it checked out.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 3:42 PM in response to alekozani

I think your Mac needs to be repaired.

I do not know much about the error you reported, except what Google tells me, and it appears to be a sensor failure.

You appear to have an iMac from 2011.

Maybe you have accumulated excessive dust inside the case, and it is impacting things. That would be the least costly repair. If it requires a motherboard repair/exchange, then you might just consider replacing the iMac.

If there is an Apple Store that has re-opened near you, maybe make a Genius Bar appointment and have it checked out.

Apr 12, 2020 1:28 PM in response to alekozani

a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.48: 
expected    0 but
found    0xc2, 
bits changed 0xc2, 
at offset 0 of 48 in element 0xffffff8041a4e550

3 bits changed. This could be failing RAM, or it could be a 3rd party kernel extension writing where and when it should not.

Since you have 2GB+2GB+4GB+4GB = 12GB, I strongly suspect you have 3rd party RAM, as that it not a typical Apple provided memory configuration.

You also have

com.hzsystems.terminus.driver	4

kernel extension installed

To check your RAM, you could run Rember

<http://www.kelleycomputing.net/rember/>

Quit as many apps and background tasks as you can (such as menu bar items) so more RAM is available for testing.  Booting into Safe mode <http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1564> can also free up more RAM for testing, by not loading any 3rd party additions you may have installed.

Set Loops: [X] Maximum

and run overnight

If it finds something, then you have bad RAM. If it doesn't find anything, it proves nothing 😒

You can try removing 'terminus' and running with out it installed, and see if your kernel panics go away.

May 16, 2020 7:09 PM in response to alekozani

That is an application crash, and not a system panic.

I have not tried to understand app crash reports. Just .panics (mostly because my day job for the past 25 years has been working various Unix kernel level file systems, so I have a clue about the inside of a kernel, and a few of the macOS .panic reports bits make sense to me; also I've had practice looking at them over the years).

mac keeps crashing-submit panic report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.