Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is that safe to connect a USB-C monitor that can charge with 60W AND the Charger at the same time?

Hi,

I recently got my 16 inch MacBook Pro, the computer is super fast but I have one question:

I have a monitor with USB-c at home (LG 27uk850-w) and I like to use it with MacBook when I'm coding,

but 60W from the monitor is not enough to power laptop at load and sometimes battery even go down when it is charging, so I was thinking to hook up the 97W Macbook power supply at the same time to keep battery charged, but I don't dare to do it so I wonder if it's safe to do so?

also, if is it safe to hook up 2 such monitor? in this case how would the charging situation looks like?

Thanks for the help,

/Zixian

MacBook

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 7:05 PM

Yes, it's perfectly ok. You should be using the MacBook Pro's power adapter anyway.

That monitor's specifications don't provide any information regarding its USB-C charging capacity, but it's a moot point. Whatever it is, it's not enough.

As for multiple displays, refer to Use multiple displays with your MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2020 7:05 PM in response to zixianfrombålsta

Yes, it's perfectly ok. You should be using the MacBook Pro's power adapter anyway.

That monitor's specifications don't provide any information regarding its USB-C charging capacity, but it's a moot point. Whatever it is, it's not enough.

As for multiple displays, refer to Use multiple displays with your MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).

Is that safe to connect a USB-C monitor that can charge with 60W AND the Charger at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.