Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost Touch iPhone XS max

Hello,

I'm using an iPhone XS Max that has recently gone haywire. Approximately 2 months ago, it began swiping and pressing random apps and buttons on its own. Its as if there is a ghost operating the device. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, and even erasing all content and restoring as new device. Nothing seems to help. The device has no physical or water damage, and has not been jailbroken or dropped. These issues started out of nowhere. I've seen that other people with this model iPhone are having the same issues. Has anyone discovered a solution? Does Apple recognize this as a manufacturer defect? I've purchased several Apple products since the original iPhone, and have never had this type of random issue. HELP PLEASE.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 6:45 AM

my iPhone XS has also been on a rampage lately- wreaking havoc- changing apps without any physical contact- making random telephone calls- playing random songs from my library and turning automatically on without prompting- I’ve had it since end of August - 8 months- never had a Pb with earlier models. What’s going on? Is there any way to fix it by oneself? Where I live, we have one more month of confinement. Thanks

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 6:45 AM in response to laddie357

my iPhone XS has also been on a rampage lately- wreaking havoc- changing apps without any physical contact- making random telephone calls- playing random songs from my library and turning automatically on without prompting- I’ve had it since end of August - 8 months- never had a Pb with earlier models. What’s going on? Is there any way to fix it by oneself? Where I live, we have one more month of confinement. Thanks

Ghost Touch iPhone XS max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.