Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Artwork not displaying on new purchases

I've noticed that all the iTunes Store purchases I've made over the past couple of days are not displaying album artwork. Despite the fact that the artwork shows properly in the store, once I purchase the file and it's in my library, it just shows blank with no artwork.

Example of what I mean. I just purchased this song today. Restarted Music app and my computer, no difference:

I'm using a 2019 16" MBP with the latest Catalina update. What's going on? Never had this happen before. I'm just downloading the artwork separately from Amazon and stuff and adding it manually. Shouldn't have to do this for store purchases.

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 8:01 PM

Ichinenjuu Said:

"Album Artwork not displaying on new purchases:[...] What's going on? Never had this happen before. I'm just downloading the artwork separately from Amazon and stuff and adding it manually. Shouldn't have to do this for store purchases.[...]"

-------

To Get your Album Artwork:

Try This:

1. Open: Music
  2. Go To: File menu
  3. Select: Library
  4. Select: Get Album Artwork
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Screenshot:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 8:01 PM in response to Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Said:

"Album Artwork not displaying on new purchases:[...] What's going on? Never had this happen before. I'm just downloading the artwork separately from Amazon and stuff and adding it manually. Shouldn't have to do this for store purchases.[...]"

-------

To Get your Album Artwork:

Try This:

1. Open: Music
  2. Go To: File menu
  3. Select: Library
  4. Select: Get Album Artwork
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Screenshot:

Apr 12, 2020 11:47 PM in response to Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Said:

"Album Artwork not displaying on new purchases: Thanks, but that did not work unfortunately. Just got a message saying it couldn't find album artwork for some tracks, including these recent purchases. "

-------

Inform Apple of a Library Error:

Unfortunately, there is no direct link to provide Apple feedback on Album Artwork errors, but you can provide Apple feedback on this via other methods. Though Apple won't get back to you directly, if you inform them of this, they will most certainly look into it. Here is how to provide the Apple iTunes Store staff some feedback on this iTunes Library error. Use all 3 of these links:

A. Error in iTunes:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Adding Items to the iTunes Store" for "I Have Feedback About:"
  3. Proceed from there as Necessary

B. Error in Apple Music Library:

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Library" for "What Apple Music feature is your feedback about?"
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

C. Request Album Artwork:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes Store Requests - Apple
  2. Select: "Request and Album: for "What would you like to request?"
  3. Proceed from there as Necessary

Album Artwork not displaying on new purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.