Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac has stalled during installation of OS 10.15.4 supplemental.

iMac has stalled during installation of OS 10.15.4 supplemental. The progress bar hasn’t moved for over an hour. Perhaps this is what is called ‘bricked.’ What can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:03 AM

wesfromsanfransisco Said:

10.15.4 supplemental: iMac has stalled during installation of OS 10.15.4 supplemental. The progress bar hasn’t moved for over an hour. Perhaps this is what is called ‘bricked.’ What can I do?

———-

Just Give it a Few

I’m sure the servers are overwhelmed with the network traffic at the moment.

Reboot in Safe Mode:

If you reboot, go into Safe Mode (hold down the shift key upon boot up) and attempt the update once more.

Connect Via Ethernet:

Use Ethernet (hardwired networking) to plug directly from your Mac to your modem

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 1:03 AM in response to wesfromsanfrancisco

wesfromsanfransisco Said:

10.15.4 supplemental: iMac has stalled during installation of OS 10.15.4 supplemental. The progress bar hasn’t moved for over an hour. Perhaps this is what is called ‘bricked.’ What can I do?

———-

Just Give it a Few

I’m sure the servers are overwhelmed with the network traffic at the moment.

Reboot in Safe Mode:

If you reboot, go into Safe Mode (hold down the shift key upon boot up) and attempt the update once more.

Connect Via Ethernet:

Use Ethernet (hardwired networking) to plug directly from your Mac to your modem

iMac has stalled during installation of OS 10.15.4 supplemental.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.