Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Os X El Capitan stuck at installing

My iMac is stuck at installing , the blue line is stuck in its place for several hours, it is stuck in its place and the only thing that is changing is (about how many minutes) it came from 15 minutes to 3 hours and 40 minutes

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:58 AM

Once a file has been downloaded, it should normally install in a reasonable time. Typically around 45 minutes, more or less, is required for an OS installation. The first thing I would do is to put the installation file into the Trash and empty it. Then try another download. What often occurs is that these very large files can get corrupted during the download process, especially if Wi-Fi is used. It is just too slow. So, try doing the download with a wired Ethernet connection. If that also fails, then repost and other things can be considered.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Mohamed_haykal

Once a file has been downloaded, it should normally install in a reasonable time. Typically around 45 minutes, more or less, is required for an OS installation. The first thing I would do is to put the installation file into the Trash and empty it. Then try another download. What often occurs is that these very large files can get corrupted during the download process, especially if Wi-Fi is used. It is just too slow. So, try doing the download with a wired Ethernet connection. If that also fails, then repost and other things can be considered.

Os X El Capitan stuck at installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.