Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck on black screen with a picture of Charging cable and a macbook

Hello there community,

My iPhone was continuously connecting and disconnecting from my macbook when I connected it via USB to restore it. Then I saw a thread on this community which advised to force quit the 'usbd' from activity monitor. i did the same and voila! my phone was connected. Now as I was successful in connecting, I wanted to restore my iPhone for which I updated the software (iOS) and then went in iPhone and started restore iPhone process.

Now after my device was shutdown and syncing process was showing on mac, a sudden prompt came writing that there is 'error 9'

Let me tell you, I have tried all possible ways. 2 new original Apple USB lightning cable, two market-USB lighting cable. but it's not solving. Please suggest a way as soon as possible, I am sitting online for replies.

Thanks and regards

Pratyush

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:30 AM

If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

This is what may help you --> If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your ...

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

iPhone stuck on black screen with a picture of Charging cable and a macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.