Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6S is stuck on the Restore screen even though I've done everything instructed on the apple support page!

• My phone ran out of charge, so when it restarted after charging, it came up with a black screen directing me to 'support.apple.com/iphone/restore'
  • I connected my phone to my Mac as instructed and tried to update it. This didn't work. I then tried to restore it and this didn't work either.
  • It came up with 'restore error 9' - so I updated my Mac to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and tried the previous bullet point once more but it still didn't work -not to mention I'm using a brand new cable for this as well.
  • In my Mac's settings, there is a red notification on the software update icon but when I click on it, it reports there is no other update, but the the notification remains even after checking.
  • If anyone has any advice on how to fix this problem and get my phone working I would be very thankful! Unfortunately I'm not able to go to an Apple store to get my phone checked out because of the lockdown, so if anyone knows what I can do, please help.

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:47 AM

If you continue to see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

Also --> Learn about other update and restore errors.

1 reply

My iPhone 6S is stuck on the Restore screen even though I've done everything instructed on the apple support page!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.