Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a problem with the iPhone “iPhone” that requires it to be updated or restored.

I got this message on my iMac when trying to charge my iPhone. I had wanted to charge my phone when a message came up saying it required an update to my phone. After clicking update, (not restore) my iPhone now shows the lightning cable to a computer with the support.apple.com/iphone/restore on my screen. My phone will not respond to anything. I've tried to shutdown, restart but the same screen reappears. I've tried volume up hold and let go, volume down hold and let go as well. What should I do?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:02 PM

Sounds like you will need to restore the phone using a computer. The process will erase the phone, but you can recover your data from a recent back-up. Restore instructions here...

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

There is a problem with the iPhone “iPhone” that requires it to be updated or restored.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.