Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to use banking app on iPhone7 Plus

Hi

I‘m needing to do all my bills online due to Covid19 lockdown in South Africa. My banking app was downloaded through the App Store. I’m just concerned now due to the increased online scams etc. taking place. Even the bank warned I may receive legitimate looking emails with my correct details. I’m also handling my elderly dad’s accounts online. I’m doing everything on my iPhone through my home WiFi. Is it safe? Should I install any other security software on my phone or my WiFi? Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:44 AM

Any app downloaded from App store is safe as long as you do not give away vital information on any message or link sent on email / SMS etc.

Always transact using App only. You can use Safari browser but do NOT copy paste any url. key-in trusted url and not any URL that you may have received on email or SMS.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 1:44 AM in response to Shakespeare123

Any app downloaded from App store is safe as long as you do not give away vital information on any message or link sent on email / SMS etc.

Always transact using App only. You can use Safari browser but do NOT copy paste any url. key-in trusted url and not any URL that you may have received on email or SMS.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family 

Is it safe to use banking app on iPhone7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.