Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder keeps disappearing.

Since I installed Catalina 10.15.4 the Finder just keeps disappearing. I create a new Finder window, and all is OK until I close it, then it just vanishes. Any ideas gratefully accepted.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 11:32 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 14, 2020 2:05 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the reply, which I may have to try, but, I am totally confused. After losing the Finder for many days, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I have changed no software at all on the computer and suddenly Finder stays available in the Gallery, anad has done for a couple of days now. Normally when I turned the computer off and then on again the Finder has been missing. No idea! If it goes missing again I'll try all the various suggestions.

Finder keeps disappearing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.