Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does that icon mean?

There is this icon that shows up sometimes.

What does it mean?

See picture

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 6:09 AM

Looks like a perfectly normal lock screen to me. No evidence of Jailbreaking there.

The blue pill shaped icon in that spot, means an app is actively doing something in the background. Its most often seen with navigation Apps such as Waze, wich keep navigating even if they are closed, or when personal hotspot is active.

In this case it appears the Settings app is doing something in the background. What its doing is hard to say however.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 6:09 AM in response to Storm-B

Looks like a perfectly normal lock screen to me. No evidence of Jailbreaking there.

The blue pill shaped icon in that spot, means an app is actively doing something in the background. Its most often seen with navigation Apps such as Waze, wich keep navigating even if they are closed, or when personal hotspot is active.

In this case it appears the Settings app is doing something in the background. What its doing is hard to say however.

Apr 13, 2020 7:26 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

Downloading an update maybe?

Perhaps.

Hum... I would exclude that.
Never saw that symbol, even using Waze or similar apps.
Giulio

You can try it out. Just set Waze or Google maps or even Apple maps to navigate a route, and then exit the app. You'll see the arrow icon for a few seconds, and then it will go back to being the clock with the blue pill box around it.

You can tap on the clock then to re-open the App that is active in the background.

What does that icon mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.