Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blue glitchy bars accross chrome browser

On several websites and the Chrome Inspector (which I use frequently), there are bars across the area of several shades of blue.

I'm concerned this may be an issue with Apple's hardware because I bought this middle of last month and it has hardly left my workspace, so hardware damage on my part is virtually impossible.

The nature of this glitch doesn't appear to be on Google Chrome to fix.

d

Specs:

macOS Catalina version 10.15.4

New MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 M

Please advise.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Greetings, cchalfan12.

I see that you're seeing a problem with the display on your 2019 MacBook Pro. It's developed blue lines and areas on the screen, and I'm glad to help with this.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac -- Reset the nonvolatile random-access memory (NVRAM) using the steps in this article. See if the bars and areas have returned to normal.

How to use safe mode on your Mac -- If the display is still showing the blue lines and areas, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if the display improves. Restart your Mac normally after checking.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — After selecting this link, choose Mac notebooks and type "display" in the Search topics field, and choose "Display not working as expected" from the Results. Then select how you'd like start the conversation.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 6:45 AM in response to cchalfan12

Greetings, cchalfan12.

I see that you're seeing a problem with the display on your 2019 MacBook Pro. It's developed blue lines and areas on the screen, and I'm glad to help with this.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac -- Reset the nonvolatile random-access memory (NVRAM) using the steps in this article. See if the bars and areas have returned to normal.

How to use safe mode on your Mac -- If the display is still showing the blue lines and areas, restart your Mac in safe mode and see if the display improves. Restart your Mac normally after checking.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — After selecting this link, choose Mac notebooks and type "display" in the Search topics field, and choose "Display not working as expected" from the Results. Then select how you'd like start the conversation.

Take care.

blue glitchy bars accross chrome browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.