Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists on Apple Music.

Hi. I created a bunch of playlists on my phone, and put the option of showing them on my profile and in search. I then deleted them, but as i checked my profile on someone else's phone, the playlists i deleted show up anyway. I don't have them in my Library and they don't show up if i check my profile by using my account on my Devices.

It's annoying because they're either dumb playlists that i didn't mean to share, or because i have the habit of creating a playlist, delete it a while after, only to ricreate it identical so that i have it with the "Recently Added" ones. I know it's incredibly stupid, but i didn't know they wouldn't go away on my profile too! I would like to share my profile with people, but don't because it looks ridiculous

i hope there is away to fix this ahaha, thank you!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:00 AM

Hello laundromaat,

I see that you're having an issue with people that are following you in Apple Music still being able to see playlists that you've deleted. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

First, if you go to the "For You" section in the Music app, and tap on your picture in the top right corner, then view profile. You should then see an "Edit" option under your name and username, tap on that. Scroll down to "Shared Playlists", here you can select which playlists other people can see when they search for your profile.

However, if you look at the article below. If you deleted your profile and someone saved your playlist, it should disappear. Do you know if they have restarted their phone since you deleted the playlist?

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music

Let me know if you're able to check on this and if restarting removed the playlist or not.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 7:00 AM in response to laundromaat

Hello laundromaat,

I see that you're having an issue with people that are following you in Apple Music still being able to see playlists that you've deleted. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

First, if you go to the "For You" section in the Music app, and tap on your picture in the top right corner, then view profile. You should then see an "Edit" option under your name and username, tap on that. Scroll down to "Shared Playlists", here you can select which playlists other people can see when they search for your profile.

However, if you look at the article below. If you deleted your profile and someone saved your playlist, it should disappear. Do you know if they have restarted their phone since you deleted the playlist?

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music

Let me know if you're able to check on this and if restarting removed the playlist or not.

Have a great day!

Playlists on Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.