Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage #images search says “No Results”

iPhone Xr, iOS 13.4.1

In the Messages app when I try to search #images it says “No Results” and no gif is loading.

Not a network issue as it works for others in the house.

I have turned off wifi, using just cellular data with same results and conversely turned off cellular and just used wifi, same results.

Just to be clear, god’s are there, I just can’t search.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:06 AM

Hello LakeCognashene,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that when trying to search #images in iMessages it comes back saying no results and no gif loads. You're in the right place for help.

Have you restarted your phone since this started happening? If not, restart your phone and test #images again.

Restart your iPhone

Check to see if you have Low Power Mode enabled. If it is, disable it and retest #images again.

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

Let me know if these steps worked for you and you're now able to do the #images in iMessages.

Have a great day!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 7:06 AM in response to LakeCognashene

Hello LakeCognashene,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that when trying to search #images in iMessages it comes back saying no results and no gif loads. You're in the right place for help.

Have you restarted your phone since this started happening? If not, restart your phone and test #images again.

Restart your iPhone

Check to see if you have Low Power Mode enabled. If it is, disable it and retest #images again.

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

Let me know if these steps worked for you and you're now able to do the #images in iMessages.

Have a great day!

Apr 16, 2020 11:23 AM in response to chris_g1

Good news and bad news.

Good news is the Message app search #images is now working on my phone! Yea!

Bad news is that I can’t identify the fix. Several things were tired before checking if the problem was resolved. Bad troubleshooting, I know, but a living room repair comity was working on it.

The phone was rebooted (simple power off), the #images was removed from the drawer and replaced, iMessage was turned off and on in Settings.

Any one, some or all could have been the fix, or maybe just the moon is in the Seventh House, And Jupiter aligns with Mars...

Anyway MY phone is fixed. Sorry to everyone else if these things didn’t work for them.

iMessage #images search says “No Results”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.