Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won’t recognize iPod or iPhone

I just updated iTunes to the latest version and now when I connect my iPod and iPhone 8 Plus it won’t recognize either one. I’m using a PC. Could there be an issue in the latest iTunes version? I think it’s 12.10.5?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 8:47 AM

Hello treemcd,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand iTunes is not recognizing your iOS devices, when it's connected.

Having the ability to sync your media content and to create backups with iTunes is vital. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

To help troubleshoot this issue, I recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod This can help resolve the behavior you're experiencing.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 8:47 AM in response to treemcd

Hello treemcd,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand iTunes is not recognizing your iOS devices, when it's connected.

Having the ability to sync your media content and to create backups with iTunes is vital. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

To help troubleshoot this issue, I recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod This can help resolve the behavior you're experiencing.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind regards.

iTunes won’t recognize iPod or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.