Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing both Ethernet and WiFi on iMac

Every hour or so I lose both my Ethernet and Wifi connection on my 2015 iMac running 10.15.4.

I restart, wait, and eventually the connection returns, but I don't think either of these actions solves the problem. When I lose connectivity, I check network status and both WifI and Ethernet still show a green connected status. This problem started about one - three weeks ago.

Attached is my EtreCheck report.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:57 PM

Additionally, have you reset your modem/router? That sometimes resolves connection issues - simply unplug the router from power, wait about a minute, plug it back in. It'll take a little while when it is connecting, so wait until all the lights on it are steady green and then test by going anywhere on the web.

FWIW, using different DNS settings used to be a sure troubleshooting tool a few OS versions ago; I do not know if that is still the case. In my case, whenever there are any glitches, my provider has instructed me to simply reset the modem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 5:57 PM in response to MrRobSmiley

Additionally, have you reset your modem/router? That sometimes resolves connection issues - simply unplug the router from power, wait about a minute, plug it back in. It'll take a little while when it is connecting, so wait until all the lights on it are steady green and then test by going anywhere on the web.

FWIW, using different DNS settings used to be a sure troubleshooting tool a few OS versions ago; I do not know if that is still the case. In my case, whenever there are any glitches, my provider has instructed me to simply reset the modem.

Losing both Ethernet and WiFi on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.