Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos are not properly uploading to iCloud from my iPhone?

My iPhone storage is full on my phone but it looks like it is because my photos on my phone are not properly being uploaded to my iCloud? I have upgraded to a 2TB iCloud account a while ago and this problem hasn't showed up until now. When I first started using iCloud I had 200GB and when I turned iCloud photo sync on my iPhone it allowed extra storage on my phone because the photos taken on my phone ended up taking iCloud storage, freeing up space on my phone instead. But I do not think it is doing that now. My iCloud still has 1.7TB left of storage and I want my iPhone photos to be uploaded to that so it can free up space on my iPhone! Also, any photo I take, including screenshots, will not save to my camera at all anymore. Does anyone understand what is happening?

I tried attaching an image of my phone (because screenshots won't save) saying that iCloud photos are only 1% in storage ? I'm not sure what the means? Is it only 1% uploaded? the image is not uploading ugh

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 12:52 AM

Please note: You are not uploading, you are just syncing. All photos will remain on your iPhone. If you delete a photo it will get deleted on iCloud and vice-versa

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Store your photos and videos in iCloud

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 12:52 AM in response to Hannahsuzanne

Please note: You are not uploading, you are just syncing. All photos will remain on your iPhone. If you delete a photo it will get deleted on iCloud and vice-versa

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Store your photos and videos in iCloud

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

My photos are not properly uploading to iCloud from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.