Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unusual bluetooth question!

Is it possible to disable bluetooth and connect both the keyboard and mouse via USB/other cable for an iMac? I am looking to upgrade shortly but want to minimise EMF exposure including bluetooth. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 11:09 PM

If you want to get a wired keyboard and mouse - yes, of course; most iMacs have 4 USB ports, so you'd be using two of them for those.

The emphasis is on wireless keyboards, but I found one at the online Apple store:

https://www.apple.com/us/search/wired-keyboard?page=1&sel=accessories&src=globalnav#!&f=keyboard&fh=4603

Edit: just realized that keyboard is for iPads, sorry. But, you can use third parties keyboards.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 11:09 PM in response to Berrygood4u

If you want to get a wired keyboard and mouse - yes, of course; most iMacs have 4 USB ports, so you'd be using two of them for those.

The emphasis is on wireless keyboards, but I found one at the online Apple store:

https://www.apple.com/us/search/wired-keyboard?page=1&sel=accessories&src=globalnav#!&f=keyboard&fh=4603

Edit: just realized that keyboard is for iPads, sorry. But, you can use third parties keyboards.

Apr 13, 2020 10:26 PM in response to Berrygood4u

Berrygood4u Said:

"An unusual bluetooth question!: Is it possible to disable bluetooth and connect both the keyboard and mouse via USB/other cable for an iMac? I am looking to upgrade shortly but want to minimise EMF exposure including bluetooth. Thanks!"

-------

Use of a Keyboard Drawer:

You could always use a keyboard drawer. The benefit to that would be that the cable would go underneath your desk, and would plug hardwired directly into your iMac. Thus, you would save space and have a clean desk with out any wires being visible.

An unusual bluetooth question!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.