Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally turned Bluetooth off on my iMac. Now my wireless mouse will not respond

How do I turn Bluetooth on without the mouse

Posted on May 4, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 10:16 AM

If your keyboard still works, press the command + space bar keys to bring up the Spotlight Search. Type in "Bluetooth File Exchange" and press enter when the Bluetooth File Exchange.app result is selected. This will open the app and produce a window telling you Bluetooth is turned off and must be turned on. Hit enter to turn it on.

Then hit enter again on the Finder Window, and a list of BT devices nearby should appear. Use the arrow keys to navigate to your mouse to pair it again.

If the keyboard is also Bluetooth and does not work either, you will need a wired mouse to re-enable bluetooth.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 10:16 AM in response to JuJuLou

If your keyboard still works, press the command + space bar keys to bring up the Spotlight Search. Type in "Bluetooth File Exchange" and press enter when the Bluetooth File Exchange.app result is selected. This will open the app and produce a window telling you Bluetooth is turned off and must be turned on. Hit enter to turn it on.

Then hit enter again on the Finder Window, and a list of BT devices nearby should appear. Use the arrow keys to navigate to your mouse to pair it again.

If the keyboard is also Bluetooth and does not work either, you will need a wired mouse to re-enable bluetooth.

I accidentally turned Bluetooth off on my iMac. Now my wireless mouse will not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.