Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Text Box in iPhone Group Chat - unable to reply

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with a group chat on my iPhone. The bar where you type your messages is missing. I can see new messages coming in but I cannot reply from my phone. However I can reply in the same thread using the Messages app on my MacBook. The other members of the group chat are all using iPhones and it seems to be only me having this issue, and only with this specific group chat. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? My phone and computer are both up to date on software. I've tried restarting the phone, quitting the app on my phone, turning iMessage on and off, checking the send + receive settings, but nothing has worked so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ryanovich!

I understand you're having trouble replying to a group thread due to having no place to type in. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try deleting the thread and then having your friends send a new message within the thread. You should have a place to type now.

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 6:57 AM in response to ryanovich

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ryanovich!

I understand you're having trouble replying to a group thread due to having no place to type in. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try deleting the thread and then having your friends send a new message within the thread. You should have a place to type now.

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

No Text Box in iPhone Group Chat - unable to reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.